Homebound Meals, INC has delivered hot, nutritional meals to the fort Wayne area since 1971
- Homebound Meals delivers hot, balanced, medically tailored meals that are prepared fresh daily, and based on a 3-meal per day diet.
- Homebound Meals' volunteers drive 20+ delivery routes each weekday, delivering the meal during the noon hour.
- HBM statements are produced the first week of the month. Payment is required by the 15th. The price of a meal is $5.20
- Meals are delivered five days a week, Monday- Friday, except on National Holidays and adverse weather conditions. (We follow Fort Wayne Community Schools weather closures.) More information on closures here. Multiple meals may be ordered for one day.
- The meal includes a hot tray with entree, vegetable, and starch, and a cold sack with beverage, salad or fruit. A dessert is included multiple times per week if appropriate to the requested diet.
- Clients need to call Homebound Meals no later than 7:00 a.m. of the day that they wish to cancel the meal. We cannot cancel your meal/charge after 7:00 a.m.
- The Homebound Meals answering machine is available 24 hours a day.
- If the client is not home, Homebound Meals' volunteers will do everything we can to ascertain the client is okay.
- Drivers cannot leave meals at a location without proper cooler storage if you do not answer the door. You will be charged for the meal.